1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

I’m so scared to move my plant!!!

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by Lydia, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Lydia

Lydia Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I want to move my monstera deliciosa because it looks better in a certain place but I don’t want to stress it! The first image (next to the windowsill) is its current position, the second image (the bay window) is where I want it to be placed. However I still want it to grow relatively fast. The bay window gets light from the North east and west but the east facing window only gets filtered sun as there are trees in the way. In its current position it gets east facing sun and it is strong in the morning and it seems to be thriving. I have too many plants in this window because it gets the most sun and I want them all to be happy! Help

image.jpg image.jpg

2. KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,890
    Monstera's in their natural habitat are jungle plants. They don't like being in bright sun, just a good amount of filtered daylight ( not sun ).

I think you'll have to decide as I'm totally confused with all your directions etc.

Hope I've helped ☺

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +21,793
      Um, it’s in a pot. Just move it and should it start to look stressed then move it back

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +85,993
        They are fairly accommodating regarding light levels. Mine gets some full sun and grows well but I have grown them in lower light and they do well also. They get pretty big if happy, mine is a small one.
        DSC_0101.JPG
        Once the aerial roots attach themselves to the wall you cant move them anyway.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1