1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

i am new just saying hello

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by gearbox22, Apr 8, 2006.

1. gearbox22

gearbox22 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to all you gardeners out there my name is anne i used to own a plot and grow all my veg and flowers there but in the end it all got to much i had to give it up as my mother was in the late stages of cancer so my priority was her this was 4 years ago i used to have a vast knowledge of gardening but unfortunatly i have forgotten most of what i learned so if i may i would like to rely on all you gardeners to help me out with advice now and again i have a small garden but hope to have a couple of greenhouses in the garden again and i will have to start buying all my gardening equipment again as i sold the lot to one lucky plot holder who got everything lock stock and barrel 4 years ago i am also into brewing my own beer and cross stitching
    hoping to enjoy many hours on this site best regards anne

2. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi there Ann and welcome. Sorry to hear about your mother.

I betcha you find that all you used to know comes back in no time - in the meantime enjoy the spring and getting back to gardening.

3. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    Hi Ann
    Once you get back into it there is no going back ;)
    Enjoy

4. gearbox22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi fran thanks for your reply i certainly will give it my best shot but i need the rain to go away the weather has been terrible up here this month nothing but rain hailstones and very strong wind so at the moment i cannot do to much in the garden thanks again anne what does gardening guru mean fran
    regards anne

5. gearbox22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi stingo thanks for your reply i see you are a begginer in the garden how long have you been gardening have you got a greenhouse i bet your trying all sorts of different things there is always something to new to learn every day isnt there i cant wait to get back into things, i suppose when i get started again iwill start remembering things i used to know but at the moment i am stuck indoors the weather has not been good to us here in hul and its absolutley freezing so for now i will get on with my other 2 hobbies regards anne

6. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Gardening guru means someone who doesn't plant bulbs upside down Anne. (It actually depends on the number of posts you make to this site)
    Welcome to gardening again and don't despair about the weather, any day now it will change for the better. Just think how lucky you are that you are not suffering froma water shortage like they are down in the South East.
    Plant an apple tree and pear tree and start making cider and pear wine. :D

7. gearbox22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi dave w i might just start making some wine as i did ok with the beer i wouldnt mind i dont even drink its for the other half i will take your word on the weather dave and i forgot you are on a water shortage i dont see how they can put hose pipe ban in place, where i live is like a swamp so i am gratefull to have my garden concreted hence the interest in greenhouse side of things i suppose i will have to exsperiment in growing veg in containers as the shop bought ones have no flavour in whatso ever
    regards anne

8. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Hi, Anne! I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum - we all do! And you'll remember everything - it's not just in your head, it's in your hands as well - they'll remember what to do! [​IMG]

9. gearbox22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi dendrobium, what a lovely reply it made me smile actualy i was just about to send you a message the little pic that is under your name, well is this your garden, because if it is it looks stunning and yes i will enjoy the forum there is no better way than to get advice off another gardener, have been right thru the topics on here and there is some brilliant tips so i will be back regards anne

10. Lady Gardener

Lady Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to the gardeners corners anne, join our happy little band

11. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,477
    Hi anne, we are all here to help each other, you never stop learning about gardening. [​IMG]

12. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    Hi Anne

I am a beginner on this site but already I am loving it and have had some good advice.

I've actually been gardening for about 15 years, since we moved into this house, the garden was like a jungle and I was waiting for my husband to get started out there but he's not really that keen and I hadn't done much up to that point, so I got out there and tackled it :D
    Have been hooked ever since.

I only got my greenhouse last year so I'm still learning and I do like to try to grow different plants, see which ones work better in my garden.

Funnily enough i'm not that keen on annuals especially marigolds!!

Stingo

13. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
  14. gearbox22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi stingo thanxs for reply i too dont like annuals
    there are some beautiful flowers but they are a lot of messing about i think just for 1 year but i will be doing some because i want to try my hand at making dried flower arranging, i am very good in this craft but it is so exspensive buying out of the shop so i am going to attemt to dry my own. i am just waiting till the other half builds the greenhouse i i will be in there i can only grow things in greenhouse and in pots of all sizes because it is concreted every where plus i have a jack russel and he wees on anything and every thing any way stingo i hope all you grow in your greenhouse is a big success regards anne

15. gearbox22

Ratings:
    +0
    hi stronylodon
    anne here thanks for your kind words i see from your profile that you are an exspert in the garden i am sure to get lots of advice of you in the future i think gardeners like yourself are a civilized bunch, because i havent come across 1 gardener that refuses to give you advice. they are all happy to help. i remember when i was on the plot 4 years ago and the gardeners would go out of their way to help you. if only the rest of the population were as helpful it would be a nicer planet wouldnt it
    thanx again anne