I am so angry

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kandy, May 29, 2009.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    :mad: I had a phone call this morning at 11am from our allotment secretary informing me that our allotment sheds have been broken into overnight so would I go over to check and see what has been taken.Anyway,I drove all the way over there to find that out baby Rotavator,the one I used to use before I did my hand in has been stolen by the local Pikeys.:mad:

They had been seen hanging around outside the gates last week with their getaway vehicle but no one had dared to approach them because the largest one looked at least twenty stone:(Anyway,they cut a hole in the fence by the gate to get the rotavator through and broke off the hasps and padlocks off of both our sheds.These scum even left my border fork and spade leaning against our netting that Mr Kandy had put up to stop the bunnies from eating our beans.I have brought those home with me and now have a crime number to which we have to pass on to the Police who are investigating the crime.We now have the rigmorole of getting a replacement and will see if we can claim off of our house insurance.

Our sheds were one of four that were broken into and one chap has gone off for a five week holiday on his barge so no one will know what he has lost until he gets back.

It just makes me so angry that these people can just keep doing this sort of thing to hard working people who never do anything wrong but who are the victims.This is the third time this has happened but the first time we have lost a rotavator.The first time we lost all our gardening tools that were wedding presants and got none of them back:(

We shall now have to go over to the allotment tonight to bring back all the stuff we have left over there before they come back to finish the job off.

I know what I would like to do to them if I caught them but it would mean a prison sentence for me.:mad:

Rant over and Thanks for reading this:)

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Awww Kandy thats Awfull, Thieving Toerags Grrrr.. You know you probably wont get them back, Sadly.. Hope your Insurers Pay Up.. Love Dee..

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    :mad: OH Kandy just read this.. Poor you... We have had a spate of similar on our village allotments here... Yes you get a crime Number, but that is about all it seems these days.... They very rarely find anything...:mad: It is beyond belief sometimes how people can just help themselves to our stuff & think they have some right to...!!!!!!!!!:el-f:

When we had an allotment, we were able to lift several floor boards in one of the sheds so we dug a huge hole & sunk a tin trunk in it. We then were able to lock all are hand tools away... Machinery had to go home... All the time I had it we never lost any tools, but others around us did... My sheds were always unlocked, but I suppose they were not interested in old pots wire & netting watering cans etc..:wink:

:thmb: Kandy I hope they will find your little Rotavator if nothing else..:(

4. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    No wonder your are angry Kandy, I would be blinking fuming !!!! Am so sorry this has happened to you ..... unfortunately it is far too common these days :(

5. Flinty

Flinty Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Oh that's bad, really bad. There's something particularly destructive and mean about stealing from allotments where people put in so much hard work. You have my sympathies.

6. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    If it helps any... I am also angry for you as well
    robert.

7. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Really sorry to hear about this Kandy. As has been said already, get yourself a crime number, for the insurance of nothing else.

Its so annoying, frustrating and infuriating that the innocent get punished while the guilty escape scot free, in so many instances.

8. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :mad:...A law unto themselves...roaming at will and thieving anything that isn't nailed down!
    Marley had a great idea with the hidden box ,similar to my false shelving where my power tools are kept.
    Hope you get a result Kandy and the vermin are caught!:pala:

9. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,925
    :) So sorry for you Kandy,a despicable act................Espesialy to a nice person like you.

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +549
    Hi Kandy, I feel so upset for you. As Roders says you are a good person and to steal your stuff is the lowest of the low. Why can't these people work and buy their own stuff, oh it makes me sooo mad.

What an inconvenience for you having to bring stuff home with you too.

I only had one lovely blue pot stolen from my front garden a couple of weeks ago and know how upset I felt about that so I cannot imagine how you must be feeling.

Unfortunately some of this stuff is taken to car boot sales and sold there :mad:

You are worth so much more than these nasties and you have us :)

11. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Bastr* theiving pikeys, i absolutely * loathe them.

I really feel for you with this one, Marleys idea is a good one.

Id normally sudgest reinforcing the doors etc but im not sure generally this would help as with an isolated site like an alotment field theyve got sufficent cover to be able to take time breaking in.

I hope if someone ever breaks into my workshop or van that I catch them in the act, Ive a spare sledgehammer handle behind the front door curtain ready.

12. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    One further thought, see if the serial number is written down in the owners manual and give this to the police this will help if they find it to identify it as yours....... also any distinguishing marks.

All my kit from hand tools to power tools is marked with red paint and engraved in multiple loactions with my initials, plus I keep a log of the serial numbers.

13. scillygirl

scillygirl Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    So sorry Kandy, that's an awful thing to happen. The upset and anger that these crimes cause is almost as bad as the theft.
    It's all been said already, but just wanted to add my sympathy. We're all with you :luv:

14. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Ive never really used the UV pens.

Two resons, firstly I want a physical and visible deterent, the UV pen is too discreet. The other reason is that whilst its great for cameras and laptops for stuff like chainsaws, rotovators or breakers that are used outside with dust etc the UV can get rubbed off easily.

The systme below is a good compromise, I quite like the selecta mark products and may mark some of my valuble stuff with this aswell when I get the time.

http://www.selectamark.co.uk/product_selectadot.html

http://www.selectamark.co.uk/product_selectamark.html

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy thats awful so sorry to hear this, i would be mad also, but as you say iff you did anything to them you would be arrested we cant win whatever we do, anyway this is just awful news to hear