1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a problem with one of my chilli plants

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Allison Taylor, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Allison Taylor

Allison Taylor Apprentice Gardener

gardener in Bristol
    Ratings:
    +10
    So, I have a few pots with chillies, but one of them seems to have a serious problem. All of the leaves dried and the chilli peppers got attacked by some insect. They are all covered with those little creatures, and it looks as if they are blocking the growth of the crops. I don't know what to do and what to treat the plant with, and I'm quite worried for the rest of my chilli plants not to get infected, too. When I touch the chilli peppers my fingers become orange from the insects. What can I do to save the plant? I must say that I don't want to use any chemicals, only organic methods.

P.S. I tried to take a photo of the insects but they are too miniature and can't be seen.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,221
      As you have other chilli plants I'd be inclined to get rid of the plant and spray your other plants with a detergent solution - after taking them outside (I'm guessing they are under cover).

Before using the detergent solution just give them a light hosing down after checking them carefully for nasties.

What variety of chilli are they?

• Like Like x 1