1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help with Adam's Laburnum trees

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Black Orchid, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Gardener

Ratings:
    +583
    Hello fellow-gardeners!
    I have had my 2 Adam's Laburnum trees in large pots for 4 years now. They haven't grown much but it worries me that they have not flowered yet. I could not find on Google after what year they are supposed to start flowering. Besides each summer some pests manage to severely eat leaves of those trees. I spray them periodically with crashed garlic or neem oil in water. And move the pots with the trees to different parts of the garden. It does not help.
    I will be grateful to your advice.
    IMG_20200717_194711.jpg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,629
    Probably snail damage, I find them way up in the branches of mine.
    Never grown the Adam variety, I believe that is the crossed version with broom.
    Also never tried pot growing :biggrin: either, but they are fairly large trees so I don't think it would be good long term.