1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help with mushrooms

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by marcia, Aug 29, 2005.

1. marcia

marcia Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I posted a pic on 25 Aug of the problem mushrooms which are growing in my lawn. Has anyone got any suggestions how to get rid of them as they are spreading over most of my lawn.

2. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry Marcia - I missed the picture. Sorry again I don't have the answer to fungus in a lawn. Dunno if it will help but I have fairy rings especially in wet weather, and keep everything cut short and don't allow them to set spores - that works for me. From the sound of it you got a much more extreme problem an I don't have the expertise to help.

As a first step have you managed to identify what fungus you have. Can you take an example to your local garden centre and ask them to identify what they are - some are very good at this. Knowing the foe does help

3. hans

hans Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +745
    Some fungi are good and recycle nutrients as in rotting tree parts and will eventually disappear. Others are spread by wind and the mower etc. Good drainage and deep drainage will help eventually but it's not at all easy. good luck.