1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas wanted to grow Borage

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Paul Blackburn, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Paul Blackburn

Paul Blackburn Gardener

Ratings:
    +52
    I hope I orage flowers growing have spelt it right someone at my allotment site has Borage flowers growing.Can anyone give me some tips on growing Borage

• Like Like x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      @Paul Blackburn Borage is incredibly easy to grow.. It will grow just about anywhere, really tough plant.. I have a little patch in my garden as the bees love its flowers..

Just collect some seed when your friends has finished flowering or if it has seeded and there are little plantlets there dig some up and transplant to yours.. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        They self seed quite happily, bit like forget me nots - same family

• Agree Agree x 1
        • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
          +100,836
          I have them growing happily in the borders and, in fact, there seems to be more of them this year than last. They're a welcome tenant in the garden and I'm quite happy to let them self seed, which they do easily.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
          • CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
            Ratings:
            +4,330
            I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically though can be easily removed. This was growing between paving slabs... A useful little filler in the front of border BoragoPygmea1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
            • Agree Agree x 1