Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Improvising a covered walkway

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Jack Sparrow, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,033
    A few years ago I rejigged my garden to lay a path across the lawn to reach the newly aquired shed at the far end.
    20210721_183216.jpg20210721_193202.jpg
    The slabs were not particularly level when I layed them and they have moved since. I have toyed with the idea of creating a proper pathway but I wasn't sure how to landscaping it in. Also I was very reluctant to sacrifice anymore lawn.

My wife has recently expressed an interest in a pergola. I didn't I think I would find a space for one but the other day it hit me. I have recently bought an arch to go at the front of the house like the one in the picture below.
    Screenshot_20210721-200331_Samsung Internet.jpg
    I worked out that I could fit 2 of these along my bit of path with a small gap in between. I would then have a specific shape that I could use to construct a properly landscaped path.

Screenshot_20210721-201309_Pinterest.jpg
    Screenshot_20210721-201035_Chrome.jpg
    These are pictures that I borrowed from Pinterest to give me inspiration.

To save myself starting a really big job that I may never end, I thought I would buy the pergolas first and place them where I want them to live. This in itself would be an improvement aesthetically. I could then work on the pathway and landscaping in stages at a later date.

These are thoughts that are consuming me at the moment. If anybody has any comments, concerns or suggestions, I would appreciate the input.

G.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1