1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

In the pond..

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by wildflower, Jul 10, 2006.

1. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  3. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It gets uglyier every time i see it !!

4. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,477
  5. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    strongylodon...I know they are the gardeners friend..but i find them really ugly..this one is okay he just stays in the pond or roundabout..you cant really call them nice looking now can you? with those beady eyes..my dog has seen him now so he is fascinated by it..he wont hurt it but he will be staring all the time... :D

6. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Wf!!!!! and I thought you were desperate for some frogs!!!! He's soooooo cute!!! How can you not think he's georgeous???!!! [​IMG]

7. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Have a close look at their eyes- beautiful colour. And their lugubrious expressions- I love them.

8. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I allways had frogs here i just never had any frog spawn i wanted some for the grandson to see..i am having second thoughts about that now if i get any i may remove it elsewhere..we were over run with frogs when we moved in i havnt got a clue where thay came from as i only had a pond this year..the fields at the back have no water in them..next door only had their pond 3 years ago so its a puzzle..I know some of you think they are lovely well i dont really mind them now but i certainly cant see them as figments of beauty..some people dont like mice yet i have a mouse living under the wood by the pond and i feed him daily its just a matter of choice...i wouldnt hurt the frogs as i know they are good for the garden..i have heard of some people chopping them with garden spades..as they dislike them..which i think is wicked..

9. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    must just say i dont know a lot about frogs..but after reading some of your posts about them walking accross the lawn etc..i know if i do get any spawn will have to take it to a pond as my dog would trample anything walking accross the lawn..as he has giant size feet..and the lawn is his...

10. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,477
    Perhaps we (HB and I) will never convert you but at least you will tolerate them (won't you?) :D

11. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    yes i will tolerate them i dont mind the frogs anymore i have got a grip on myself.. ;) I didnt like that newt i found i havnt seen him since he has probably run off as i bang on the greenhouse every time i go past.. :D