1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Grapevine Fungal / Mildew Care?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by BathVine, Mar 27, 2021.

1. BathVine

BathVine Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

I’m a complete novice gardener, so all/any help appreciated on this matter, thanks!

I have a very old grape vine that is growing in my conservatory. The root is planted outside and the vine comes through the wall and grows up around inside of the roof.

upload_2021-3-27_11-36-42.jpeg

I’ve owned the house for 20 years and the vine has been there well before that and most years the vine produces a good amount of grapes, but they are always covered in powdery mildew.

Also, a couple of years back these strange spores which looked almost like alien eggs were all over quite substantial sections of it.

I gave it quite a brutal pruning a few months back and have cleaned all the dead leaves away and cut off any dead shoots, so this seems like a good time to start treating the vine before it starts to leaf again, so...

What do I do?

I’m thinking some sort of pump-pressure sprayer and some type of diluted mixture...but I don’t know what?

The anti-fungus spray products you can buy won’t be cost effective if I have to spray regularly, so a concentrate that I dilute and out in a sprayer seems the best option.

It’s highly unlikely the grapes will be eaten, but they do look very pretty (prettier still without the Mildred no doubt!), so I’d like to look after the vine as best I can.

An organic product would be nice, but I know beggars can’t be choosers!

Thanks so much!

Jon

Attached Files: