1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor Jasmine

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by wilroda, Mar 28, 2010.

1. wilroda

wilroda Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    HI
    I bought an indoor Jasmine a while back and it has finished flowering now. The scent was lovely and it has enjoyed being in a sunny conservatory. ( when the sun is out that is!!)

It is now giving off several long shoots which I am tying into the hoop that it came with.

What should I do to encourage it to flower again? I was wondering of i should cut it back at all....

THanks!

2. Hartley Botanic

Hartley Botanic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just continue to look after it :)

If your plant gets about 4-6 hours of strong sunlight a day, is pruned and well watered, you will not generally have to worry about problems with blooming.

3. wilroda

wilroda Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    THanks.so should i prune it back now and allow it to grow on again?
    Its sending out lots of long shoots

4. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of these and love the fragrance of it's flowers. I bought it in bloom last year and haven't done anything to it other than keeping it watered and in light. I hadn't really thought about it, but this year when seeing some of the flowers starting I gave it a couple of doses of indoor plant fertilizer and it flowered again beautifully. With the long shoots I have just wound them around the wire hoop - may not be the 'right' thing to do - but has worked for this one.

5. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Me to...In the conservatory a few years ago. The fragrance would fill the whole house, it was amazing. A little light pruning every year and it was there for years but got to big as all plants do before I had to get rid,