1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Indoor rose help please

Discussion in 'Roses' started by gary lacey, Oct 2, 2011.

1. gary lacey

gary lacey Apprentice Gardener

fitter
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi, My partner was given an indoor rose as a present about 4 years ago which was purchased at B&Q (sorry not sure of the name). We have re-potted it each year and it has grown well and bloomed well. However over the last 3-4 weeks about 70% of the leaves have turned yellow. We had a new stem that suddenly shot up about the same time and was told that it could be draining the rose. So we pruned out the stem but the leaves are still turning yellow. We have the rose in the same position on the window sill and kept the watering and feeding regime the same as always. Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,807
    Good afternoon Gary to the best of my limited knowledge I think that Miniature roses are the only ones for in doors but not for a long period of time.:)Indoor roses (Miniature roses) are difficult to maintain indoors. They need lots of light, airy conditions, high humidity and plenty of water. The leaves should be misted frequently and the plant put on a pebble tray if the room is warm. Allow the rose to dry out a little between watering. Miniature roses seem to work best if they are treated like an outdoor plant and brought inside for the flowering. To do so re-pot in the autumn, and transfer the plant outdoors. The transfer inside and out is easier if the pot is just buried in the ground. Bring the rose indoors in mid-winter and remove the top half of the stems. Keep in an unheated spot for a week or two before placing in a heated room. Hope this is of some help to you:)

3. gary lacey

gary lacey Apprentice Gardener

fitter
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thank you for the reply wiseoldowl, I will try and put some of your suggestions into practice and keep my fingers crossed.