insulating a greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by kev25v6, Sep 9, 2009.

1. kev25v6

kev25v6 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got some bubble wrap to put in the greenhouse this winter to keep it insulated so i can start growing ealier next year, the only problem is how do i stick it to the glass?Its on a big roll about 2 feet wide.

2. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If you go into your local garden centre - there are green plastic pieces with a 'knobby' part on the outside. The pieces fit into the slots of the frame - where the screws all slide in, turn and stay secure. These fit in the same way. You then press the bubble wrap over the knobby part - pressing it so that the green piece is sticking through - and then push on the securing disc. I saw them in our local garden centre this year - but for the life of me cannot remember the manufacturer - but were located with all the other greenhouse bits and pieces.

3. kev25v6

kev25v6 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i might try wilcos, see if they have any. Now i know what to look for.

4. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,648
    For my Crittall greenhouse I bought some green plastic semi-circular fasteners. They slot into the aliminium glazing bars gripping the plastic at the same time, just turn them 90 degs and the plastic stays in place if you follow what I mean. I'm sure wilcos sell them, they might vary in design between greenhouse manufacturers though.

5. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,508