Internal memory card

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by strongylodon, Jun 19, 2008.

1. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,240
    How do I delete the pics on the internal (infernal) memory card on my Panasonic FZ7. Every time I upload pics they come up as well, when I use 'delete all' in review it deletes all on the sd card BUT not the pics on the internal card!! Cant seem to get rid of them.

2. glenw

glenw Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    strongy, done a bit of searching online, most reviews state that camera doesn't have an internal memory?!?!?! Anyway, I found the instruction manual online, the only think I can see that might be happening, have you acidentally saved the photos as favourites? they will be marked with a star or a key I think. It says the camera will not deleate these photo's.

will keep reading/searching for you

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,240
    Thanks i'll check it out Glen.
    These ten pics remain when all pics are deleted and says there are no pics to display so I thought there must be an internal.

4. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I have the same problem strongy, but with my camera i upload the previous (deleted) pics,
    Thanks Glenw ill check that out...Dee..

5. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Try the "Format card" menu choice, instead of "Delete all"?? - if there is one

6. markyb

markyb Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    or you could format it in you pc via the card reader
    you may have got the photos protected. ie; all the photos except them will be deleted when you choose this option

7. Bertie

Bertie Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    markyb,

I have read that memory cards should be formatted by the camera itself and not by the PC or whatever software. Can cause reading or writing errors apparantly.

A claimed 'urban myth' is that formatting too often will shorten card life. I wouldn't know. All I can say is that I have a number of digicams and have always formatted in-camera and never had any card trouble. Very reliable sources recommend regular camera formatting especially if lots of pics or video are taken.

Just my 2p.

Regards, Bertie.