Solved Invasive bush with long branches

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by djmartylyttle, Mar 20, 2022.

1. djmartylyttle

djmartylyttle Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I’m new to the forum and was hoping someone could identify a very annoying bush in my garden with very long branches. It grows in behind fence panels where my oil tank is. It is very dense and I would like to kill it off if possible. Any help would be much appreciated!

0A65BA7B-5C51-4C6A-9C6D-D98D13B53986.jpeg 4D28BCFC-F808-4AF4-84A4-4C1045C9BDB6.jpeg 58BF7D9C-AC53-4673-90FF-0A8C62A8ABA5.jpeg

2. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +20,945
    @djmartylyttle
    Looks like a climber of some sort, just wondering if you have seen it flower?
    Does it belong to you or is it coming in from a neighbour?
    Glyphosate will kill it, wait a few weeks until it's growing well and then spray, it may need a second go.

• Like Like x 1
    • djmartylyttle

Ratings:
      +0
      Thanks for the reply. I don’t think it flowers at all, just leaves. I cut it yesterday so nearly all the leaves are gone. It grows in my side and the neighbour is moaning about it growing over his fence. I’d like to kill it if possible. Might have to buy some glyphosate. I can’t get near the roots though or ground where it’s growing as it’s closed in with the oil tank and fence. Can the glyphosate be sprayed on the branches to kill it?

• NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
      Ratings:
      +20,945
      @djmartylyttle
      Yes that's the "nice" thing about Glyphosate it is systemic so spray or paint on the leaves and it goes throughout the plant including the roots. As mentioned earlier it make a couple of goes.
      Note it needs to go on the leaves not the stems.

• djmartylyttle

Ratings:
      +0
      I’ll need to wait until it grows a bit then for the leaves to return. Thanks