1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

iPad camera

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by Dave W, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    I'm fairly serious about photography and most of the time use a DSLR and sometimes a small Sony but at Easter we went to a campsite at Arisaig on the west coast and I left the DSLR at home. I took a few shots with the Sony HX-20V but also tried for the first time the camera in a newly acquired iPAD Air. I was absolutely stunned by the quality such a tiny lens and the processing software can produce.

Shame about the lens flare/reflection, but the dynamic range is pretty good considering the conditions.
    Sunset and sea mist with Isle of Eigg (the flat island) and Island of Rum in the distance on right.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • westwales

westwales Gardener

10 miles from the coast in the rainy west
      Ratings:
      +598
      I like my ipad for souvenir shots etc, I haven't mastered it sufficiently to do anything other than send the photo on by email or crop it. I understand the zoom function is just above 0 so I do find it's like using the old cameras where you had to stand at just the right spot.

Please post if you know/find out more than I have. Thanks

• Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +9,218
      I'm afraid most of the photos I post in the forum are taken with the iPad... Laziness on my part, but it is so easy if you are going to be posting the photo on t'internet.

I find that it is good with low light levels, especially normal "house" lights at night

Neither are particularly good photos, (we find it helpful to remember which tree shape works best!) but you can see how the colours are registering, despite the v low light levels, as shown by the burn-out around the candles and tree-lights.
      image.jpg image.jpg

• roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +6,913
      image.jpg

I pad air......
      Just testing in Cyprus.
      A tiny Greek authodox Church..........brand new.

• Like Like x 2