1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

irrigation systems?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by lowrider69, Feb 16, 2019.

1. lowrider69

lowrider69 Gardener

Disabled
    Ratings:
    +174
    Hi Guys Iwant to set up an irrigation system for my bottle plants, I have 8 of these all around my bungalow and at the moment I,m using them cheap ebay thin plastic irrigation systems.
    trouble is there pretty much crap and hit and miss with how much water goes where and they look horrible you can just see the pipe on the left of the photo

are there better ones about I can buy or make myself?

38152780_10210447487898052_3952318485912092672_n.jpg

2. lowrider69

lowrider69 Gardener

Disabled
    Ratings:
    +174
    you tube it is then lol

• Like Like x 1
    • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +5,090
      It might be worth having a look jn your local Homebase for the Gardena irrigation hose and fittings. Mine has been clearing stock at 80% off. Good quality and you can have a reliable state of the art system set up for the same price as the Chinese junk. Btw tomato feed is 50p a bottle too :blue thumb:

Cool dog :doggieshmooze:

• Like Like x 1
      • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +16,246
        Hi Lowrider, sorry missed your Feb post.
        I used the Hozelock Universal irrigation kit this uses the large 13mm bore pipe. They also do a Micro kit which is more suitable for baskets. To control the water I use an Orbit timer. There are cheaper kits and timers available, if you look on Ebay there are 15m kits for about £12.( see links below)
        Easy Drip Micro Kit watering kit
        Orbit 94162 Buddy Single-Port Digital Tap Timer 5060246190090 | eBay
        NEW DIY MICRO IRRIGATION SYSTEM SELF PLANT WATERING KIT DRIP IRRIGATION SET | eBay
        MicroKit-all.jpg