1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Is This Right?

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by shiney, May 11, 2018.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,361
    Someone dropped in a pot of Hostas for us to sell on our charity event. It's large enough for us to split so we took it out of its pot ready to split it. This is how it looked underneath. I would have expected to see some thick and some fine roots but it just seems to be mainly lumpy calluses underneath.

There were no bugs in the pot and the plants look very healthy.

Could it just be that the growth was restricted in the pot and the roots have turned lumpy?

We don't want to sell them if they may have a problem.

P1380924.JPG

P1380925.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      @shiney I've moved many plants out of pots and to me that looks like some of the roots have been unable to spread :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
        +17,487
        I think the bottom of the pot became waterlogged over winter Shiney and you have salvaged its top growth. Divided and potted on in mpc and your hostas should be fine....and sellable :)

• Agree Agree x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1