1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Keen novice gardener in need of help!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by CATWOMAN, Jul 5, 2012.

1. CATWOMAN

CATWOMAN Apprentice Gardener

Busy Bee
    Ratings:
    +2
    I purchased 2 Pretty Polly patio roses from my garden centre approximately 1 week ago. I took them out of the pots i had bought them in and proceeded to plant them into two containers containing a well known number 3 compost plus some bone blood and fish meal. Since planting them i have noticed that the roses on one are starting to wilt. I have them pushed up against the wall of the house and have "pot feet" to enable them to drain. I tirelessly looked online for the best time to plant these in containers but didn't come across any such info. Would be grateful if someone could let me know and if i have done something wrong will my rose bushes be salvageable?! Many thanks in anticipation.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Catwoman.

I'll move this into the Roses section, our trusted rose expert, Wise Old Owl will come to your aid in there:dbgrtmb:

3. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,883
    Good evening Catwomen and welcome,It seems to me that you have done everything right,:) just deadhead the wilted blooms,you can put roses in container,s any time,your pretty pink roses will be just fine,they are tougher than you think ,please make sure that they are well watered and that they don,t dry out my friend,if you have any more concerns please just ask,hope this has helped.:)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      I said he would.:WINK1::biggrin:

• CATWOMAN

CATWOMAN Apprentice Gardener

Busy Bee
      Ratings:
      +2
      I'm a very happy bunny now...guess who's going to buy more rose trees now?! Thanks for your response...very much appreciated. :spinning:

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      Hello and welcome to the forum Catwoman.:)

• catztail

catztail Crazy Cat Lady

soon to be bus driver
      Ratings:
      +2,250
      Hello Catwoman from another Cat. Check out the David Austin roses. They are super!!