Keeping the chickens off!!

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Ellen, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Ellen

Ellen Total Gardener

Volunteer at Cats Protection
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    To be precise, the neighbour's chickens... I've got a raised rockery (on a dry stone wall about 3' up) on the roadside & have recently tidied it up, planted new plants, etc. I found a couple of holes dug & presumed it was the neighbour's cat as I've seen him on there. But I drove past when I got home earlier & found 4 of the chooks on there scratching away! They're ruining my hard work! Is there any way of keeping them off? The rockery is on a public lane, and the neighbour, a farmer, lets his chickens roam free everywhere, which until now has never been a problem

2. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +16,627
    Put some netting or a few runs of string about 2/3 inches above your flower so that they can't fly up and land and drive them off very time you see them they'll soon get the message or chicken pie :mute::snork:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Ellen

Ellen Total Gardener

Volunteer at Cats Protection
      Ratings:
      +1,984
      The string is a good idea, thanks Jiffy :) and roast chicken was briefly on the menu once I realised who the culprits were!! ;)

• Like Like x 1