1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen Hinges ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by HarryS, Jan 24, 2018.

1. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    @martin-f , and anyone who knows the mystery of cabinet hinges.
    Martin , I understand you are a kitchen fitter . Can you please advise me on the cabinet door concealed hinges. I have fitted and adjusted quite a few of these over the years. Now I need to buy some for replacing the doors in our caravan kitchen . I just need the normal 110° hinge soft close . But they show a dimension on them 35mm or 64mm etc. What does this dimension refer to :scratch: I have searched but can find no refernce to this dimension.
    Thanks if you can help !

upload_2018-1-24_9-13-49.png

2. martin-f

martin-f Plant Hardiness Zone 8b

Ratings:
    +10,302
    Hi Harry its the product length, if its a small door the 35mm will be fine.
    1111.PNG 22222.PNG

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      Thanks @martin-f . I bought a set of hinges today . They are 64mm long and distance to the hinge plate centre line is 35mm. So different makes are showing differing dimensions but hinges are the same size. Had a look at all my kitchen hinges all the same :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1