1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Kohl Rabi

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by jpb1958, Jun 2, 2005.

1. jpb1958

jpb1958 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Searched for anything on this site regarding this veg but nothing came up. Probably just me typing the name in wrong!!

Anyway, has anyone grown this veg and if so what observations and cooking tips would you recommend.

John

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  3. jpb1958

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve
    Thanks for your reply. Great links.According to information on one of the links Kohl Rabi can be sown practically all year round. It beggars the question'why isnt this veg more prominant'?
    I hav'nt seen it on supermarket shelves (I mention this for the sake of public awareness, not to promote the plastic veg they sell).

John

4. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't know, maybe anything that appears weird and out of the ordinary isn't mass produced

but it is certainly versatile, you can eat both the leaves and the swolen stem

similar thing I am growing rainbow chard this year...both stems and leaves are edible

[ 03. June 2005, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: SteveW ]

5. jpb1958

Ratings:
    +0
    I grew Ruby Chard a few years ago in my garden and not the veg patch. Not too fussy about it but hey....It was somehting different.
    John