1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Large flowering crocus remembrance

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Fat Controller, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +49,605
    What do I need to know about these ladies and gents?

I got an email from Ashridge Trees the other day telling me my order was being dispatched, and an invoice showing 'FREE' for 75 crocus bulbs. I thought it must have been some sort of mistake and thought no more about it until today when they arrived on my doormat.

Nice healthy looking wee bulbs, clean, no hint of any rot etc, and I do love to see the crocuses in the spring. No idea why they chose to send these out gratis, but what a lovely gesture :)

So, where best to plant them, how far apart etc etc?

I also got a further email from them today just to inform me that they were going to be late dispatching the rest of my order as it was still growing away merrily thanks to the warm weather - - - I had made that assumption anyway (I have even hung back from planting my garlic), but I suppose that there must be others who wouldn't necessarily know; they seem to have a nice way of doing business :)

2. maria

maria Gardener

Ratings:
    +864
    5 to 10 cm the internet says?

• Like Like x 1
    • maria

maria Gardener

Ratings:
      +864
      i had so many bulbs to plant , 250 + different types of bulbs that even though i started out with a plan they ended up everywhere lol

• Like Like x 1
      • Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
        Ratings:
        +4,951
        Plant them anywhere, few inches down, you can even grow them indoors at this time of year.
        planting distance isn't crucial, few inches should do it.:)

• Like Like x 2