1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lavender growth

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Richard8!, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Richard8!

Richard8! Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I’m still very new to gardening having my own garden finally. Everything seems to be going well so far except the lavender. I planted some lavender in our front garden in May. Nice loose soil, so well drained, on a south facing fence so gets plenty of light and it isn't growing much, if at all, it has flowered( although not as bright as my lavender in pots) it isn’t going brown or anything to indicate it’s struggling where it is. I water once weekly now as I know lavender prefers drier conditions.
    Am I going wrong somewhere or is there anything I can do to give them a boost? They’re the only thing not growing like crazy at the moment!
    Thanks

2. CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
    Ratings:
    +30,616
    I am not a seasoned gardener and didn't know they prefer things dry but my lavender is doing well and I water everybody every day including the lavender.

Somebody who knows more than me will come along and guide us both :)

Welcome to the forum!

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,976
    I think the one watering a week is fine as long as it is a good through watering around the root area, not just a spraying over the top.
    If it was pot grown there is a chance that the roots are struggling to get out of the rootball especially if the rootball dried out just after planting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1