1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawn dead?

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by McClements, Jun 11, 2019.

1. McClements

McClements Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Just moved into a new build house and my lawn is brown (new turf laid two weeks ago). Is this dead and salvagible? or should I complain and request returfed. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Yes McClements, money back or turf replaced.​
    Have you watered it though?
    Ask the turf provider to call and look at it ASAP.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • McClements

McClements Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +2
      Thanks. It was part of the new build home having garden turfed as well. Picking up keys this weekend and only got to see the garden a few days ago. Will complain then , just wanted to make sure it wasnt me as i dont know much about turfs and whether I will get push back. It's been in there hands watering it until keys handed to me.

• Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +17,487
      Right....similar thing at my niece’s new build where a couple of shrubs were near to dead. She complained to the builders who contacted the landscaping team who replaced the plants.
      You bought a house with lawn.....part and parcel of the contract. :)
      That “lawn” is a disgrace :sad:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,259
        oh dear, its beyond saving I'm afraid. I would however as you have a chance to see, lift off a bit of turf and see whats its laid on. Chances are if the builders did the work you will have a bit of topsoil then the rest will be not so good soil.
        If the topsoil is not 150mm I would argue that point as well.
        The gaps either say its not laid well or has shrunk due to lack of watering. lift a section and have a peep.

• Like Like x 1