1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawn drainage

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Dave@Callans place, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Dave@Callans place

Dave@Callans place Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My lawn is like a swamp! I know we have had a lot of rain since Xmas, but it seems particularly wet this year, and never dries out. I think it has something to do with new housing close by (built on a flood plain),and the water is flowing down to our rear garden, which slopes slightly. - anyone have any ideas how to improve things please? We are on clay soil, which obviously doesn't help.

Any suggestion welcome.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,629
    Sorry mate .......MOVE
    pete2255

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Apart from moving ;) , It will take a bit of work , but, get some land drainage(pipes that are perforated) , dig a trench on your boundary and lead it to where it can run away freely (if possible to a drain).

This is one of those problems that there is not much that you can do easily.

Sorry.

Nathan.

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,629
    Yeah I feel sorry for you Dave. But when anyone mensions housing and floodplains in the same sentence I get nervous. At least as you say it slopes which should give the water somewhere to go. Eventually when the rain stops. Good luck.

pete2255