Lawn edging advice

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Sean Francis, May 31, 2012.

1. Sean Francis

Sean Francis Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I moved into my house in North London 3 years ago and have regretfully allowed the garden to get wildly out of control since then. I have finally gotten around to getting some proper work put into it in the form of replacing the lawn and a few other structural changes along with a general clear out.

I am replacing a rectangular area of 20m sq of lawn and would like to edge the area to reduce the amount of maintenance and to maintain the shape. There will also be a 5-8m length which borders a graveled area so the edging should help keep the stones out of the lawn. I have been told by several gardeners that quoted for the job that Everedge was my best bet. Although I am fine with paying for quality any saving would be good. My question is, is this really my best option ?

2. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +21,154
    Well everedge will definitely do the job but i think its pricey for what it does. You can edge with pretty much anything you like from bricks to slabs on the edge. Personally I don't bother at all but I do have to tidy the edges every now and then with lawn shears.
    It really depends on how much maintenance you want to put in.

3. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,318
    I do what Loofah does as well, and Im sure you still have to cut anything growing over it

Spruce

4. rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,946
    I am using wooden gravel boards from B&Q to edge the gravel in my garden to keep it off the path and thus off the lawn.

Rusty

5. pistolpete

pistolpete Gardener

Ratings:
    +2