1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawn mower technical help. Throttle doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Portisgrass, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Portisgrass

Portisgrass Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hello all.
    I have inherited a little petrol mower. It's like new so I'm going to keep it. It's a little sanli ls40. Nothing flash and it starts and runs like a dream but the throttle control doesn't do anything. It will stop the engine at one end and the choke at the other end to start it but there is no engine speed control other than idle or perhaps a bit faster that idle. All the linkages seem to work and if I move some if them it revs right up like mad but moving the throttle stick , nothing appears to happen, even though I can see the linkages moving down there. Something isn't quite right. Has anyone got any knowledge on such things....
    Thanks all.

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,046
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Sandy Ground

Sandy Ground Total Gardener

Making things of note.
      Ratings:
      +5,368
      I'm not familiar with that model either, but judging from the manual posted by @JWK the engine is a chinese built copy of one of the older B&S motors with an ohv conversion.

Assuming that is correct, then it should just be a matter of adjusting the throttle cable. Before you do though, make sure that the governor is not seized open, and the springs that help it move are actually still there and working as they should.

A clear photo of where the cable attaches to the carb would help, even if you need to pull the air filter off to show things clearly.

• Like Like x 2
      • Portisgrass

Portisgrass Gardener

Ratings:
        +15
        Thanks people for those. It's the throttle stop. Was wound in too much!!

• Like Like x 1