1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lean-to greenhouse options

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Aberdeen_Gardener, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Aberdeen_Gardener

Aberdeen_Gardener Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm looking to get a lean-to greenhouse installed against the rear wall of my house. Due to lack of space I think I will need to go for a bespoke, designed to fit. My issue is finding a supplier who a)-can supply something to the dimensions I require and
    b)-is based in Scotland or Northern England to reduce the delivery costs.

The rough size of the finished item I'm looking for is: 1800mm high, 1800mm in length and 1400mm depth from the wall of the house. Panes to be polycarbonate, guttering to tie in to drain which is just a few cm from site of greenhouse. Usual louvre pane and vented roof (auto temp controlled if possible). Due to the lack of available space for the height of the greenhouse (bottom of windowsill plinth), I'm keen to keep as shallow an angle as possible for the roof so that the height of the doorway isn't only fit for snow white's seven dwarves.... :heehee:

If anyone can recommend a supplier, or suggest who I can contact to get the wheels in motion for this, I'd be ever so grateful.

2. hans

hans Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +745
    You may be better off asking a local handy man as this is a small structure. Timber frame with poly-carbonate cladding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,662
      I dont think any of the big boys are likely to do custom made to those sizes and specification.
      If they did it would cost the earth.

• CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
      Ratings:
      +4,325
      You can buy louvre units and bayliss automatic vent openers separately, and get your handyman to ensure the frames fit them.

• ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,201
      Most greenhouse sizes are based around the 2ft x 2ft glazing sheets, so your 1400mm is not a standard size.

You can get 6x2 that would fit direct , just 1840mm high
      2x6 Green Halls Wall Garden Lean to Greenhouse Toughened

Though think if you can dig down 300mm+ ( plus base ?) this would be the best fit.
      Elite Windsor 4x6 Lean to Greenhouse Polycarbonate

We have an Elite lean to and its stood the test of time.

Other than those is a diy custom build , perhaps you could buy a second hand one, usually plenty on gumtree, and modify it to suit, if you can find someone handy at such metalwork.

A diy wooden one might be an easier way ?