1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Left handed reaper. It's your fault Ziggy!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by EddieJ, Apr 28, 2012.

1. EddieJ

EddieJ gardener & Sculptor

Oak timber framer
    Ratings:
    +1,089
    I have a task for you Ziggy, or anyone else who likes a challenge.

Ziggy, your thread about Weald and Downland has had me deep in thought about my favourite place of Ballenburg. I pulled my old books out and started to read about the various buildings, then came across this interesting detail.

Taken from here, which is a copied page from the book. http://ballenberg.ch/drucken_gebaeude.php?lang=en&id=2&gid=3&rg=QmVybmVzZSBNaWRsYW5kcw== (Ignore the print box that may pop up)

The story has me intrigued but I can't find out any info about it. Your challenge is to find the folk story for me.

As an aside, I also didn't know that reapers were left handed. That is my interesting discovery of the day.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Reapers weren't left handed Eddie, this was the story of a young man who, in order to gain a farmers daughters hand in marriage, made a bet with the farmer that he could mow a certain field with his left hand before sunset. If he succeeded, he would be allowed to marry the daughter. He finished the field before sunset and married the daughter and they lived happily ever after:wub2:

• Like Like x 2
    • EddieJ

EddieJ gardener & Sculptor

Oak timber framer
      Ratings:
      +1,089
      Is that it! What a mug.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Oi, ave you seen what we've put in garden visits forum for you?:biggrin::blue thumb::chicken: