1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Leucanthemum problem

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Scorpio1968, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Business Development Manager
    Ratings:
    +245
    I have the Superbum Old Court variety below. (Image courtesy of davesgarden.com)

Daisy.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has, or has had one of these, as mine is too large for the bed it's currently in. It wouldn't be a problem if it was on the right side of the bed but as it's on the left, it's now shielding the rest of the bed from the sun so i need to look at moving it to the right side, but i need to know the options such as straight forward dig up and re-plant, division, cuttings, save time and buy a new one etc and also if digging up and re-planting, if there's a best time to do it apart from the obvious when it's dormant.

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,322
    Believe it or not you could do it now , with all this rain and warm it would pick up realy quickly just make sure the rootball is big as you can and get the planting hole ready and mix in some multi -purpose compost, I have moved perenials middle of summer and kept them well watered everyday and it worked , on phlox , monarda , Sneeze wort, pentstemons , sedums. But not the tough stemed ones like peony , lavender etc..
    Spruce

• Like Like x 1
    • Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Business Development Manager
      Ratings:
      +245
      Many thanks Spruce, i have a job for the weekend now. I forgot to mention that to make way for it, i need to move some things from the right side to the left such as 2 Hellebores, a Self Heal and lastly, i can't remember what it's called but its about 2' tall with about 3 or four stems with pinkish brown and yellow variegated leaves and yellow daisy like flowers on top when in flower. I thought about these when you mentioned not to move tough stem perenials as this is a hard stem one. It may be ok as i think the rootball would be quite small given the size of the actual plant.

Here's the border, there's one of those last things on each side.

21.jpg

And here's the thing.

Copy-of-21.jpg