1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Liquid lawn Feed ?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by HarryS, Apr 16, 2015.

1. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
  2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,061
    I'd like to know too, that is a bargain price if it really can treat 249 sq m for £1.95.

3. luiza

luiza Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not a very experience gardener but I have used this liquid lawn and I did noticed considerable improvement on my lawn, I did on a Monday and didn't check my grass till Wednesday, then I was shocked how much it had grown! the NPK is 15-3-3 in case you're wondering and label states it can be used on established or newly sown grass, wet or dry conditions once per month. It has 2 good revies on wilko website but last year when I bought mine they had a slightly different label (but same name) and some excellent reviews, not sure why they changed the page and lost the old reviews.

I was told yesterday that new grass don't need feeding, well I didn't know it and I've used it twice, my grass has grown to 12-15 cm and hasn't collapsed! Maybe they do promote healthy grown as promised.

The only annoying thing is that you need to use a water can, mine is 6 litres so I have to fill the water can and carry to the lawn a few times (a 9 litre water can will cover 15 square meters, so do your maths on how many trips to cover your lawn). Another very good one is this one: http://www.wilko.com/lawn-seed+food/wilko-soluble-lawn-food-1kg/invt/0075974 , it's a bit more expensive but has 8 5-star reviews, some people say it's better than the branded stuff.

ps: if you live near a Wilko, you can order for free store collection, they phone you when the item arrives and you pick it up from the collection point hassle free, I love wilko!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • luiza

luiza Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +4
      oh, and if you're wondering why I let my grass grow to 12-15 cm, I do have a good reason as explained here: http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/threads/mowing-after-overseeding.94656/

and I don't blame Wilko feed for my poor lawn, it's more to do with the fact I had a lot of rain the day after I sown, most of the seeds were washed away and I was surprised I had any grass at all!

• HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      Interesting reviews on both the Wilkos lawn feeds Luiza :thumbsup: I have enough feed for this year but will try it next season ! Another tip you will read in the lawns section is do not mow it to short. My next door neighbour try to mow it like bowling green short , and has all sort of problems . I cut mine to a medium height and it seems to do OK.

• Like Like x 1