1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Little green caterpillars on my young rose

Discussion in 'Roses' started by davetherave, Jul 24, 2012.

1. davetherave

davetherave Gardener

Ratings:
    +148
    Hi,
    I noticed several little green caterpillars (possible Sawfly larve) on the top leaves of one of my young black Baccara roses and picked them off. The little beasties ate a few leaves, I treated the plant with some bug clear insecticide and noticed this morning some more leaves were gone.Only found one caterpillar this morning though there was about ten yesterday.
    I have read Provado will kill them. But I am concerned that I have already used a treatment and don't want to over treat the plant.I tried to check under the leaves but I cannot bend down very well to check the lower leaves.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

They are all dead I cannot see any more leaves have been eaten.:blue thumb: