1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Little pink perfection blossom tree

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Carly C, May 13, 2020.

1. Carly C

Carly C Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone! Hope you are well.

I have chosen a tree for my garden called little pink perfection. It’s for a small corner so that’s why I’ve gone for a smaller type.

I don’t know much about trees, and on this website there are 4 choices... different grafted measurements... one is a single stem?

I’m not sure what the best to go for would be? Can anyone help me distinguish between them?

Thank you

One is grafted at 45cm, another 70cm and then one at 100cm

Or there is the single stem one.

They vary from 90-120cm tall to 150-200 but are similar priced.

Any help appreciated

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,203
    Hi,

No link to the site you refer to ?

Seems those trees can grow up to 7mtrs, which we would not class as Small, unless they are available on a dwarfing rootstock ?

3. Carly C

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry for some reason its saying I can’t post a link. I’ve took a screen shot but it’s on ornamental trees site.
    I might be wrong but I think it’s a smaller version of pink perfection 3m in 20 years

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  4. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,203
    Hi,

So thats a Dwarf version and as you say only grows to 3 mtr x 3mtr in 20 years

Those sizes refer to the amout of bare stem before the branches grow out, and as they say, it will not change.
    So it depends on how low down you want the branches to be/start from.

Top grafted: A height noted next to this form refers to the length of clear stem, which will not grow taller. Only the head of branches will develop. Top grafted trees do not require complicated pruning and are ideal for small spaces.

Its not a plant we have grown so worth waiting a bit longer for some advice from someone who has and can give you better guidance on choosing and growing the right one your your spot.

5. Carly C

Ratings:
    +1
    aw thank you, that’s really helpful.
    I don’t really think I mind although if it’s lower down I guess it might look more like a bush than a tree. So I’m leaning towards the grafted at 100cm one...

I’m still a bit confused about the single stem, as that doesn’t say about grafting. And does that imply the others would have more than one stem?
    Thank you

6. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,203
    Best if you email or phone that supplier who should be able to give you a qualified answer.