Long, black with a tail

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by hans, Sep 10, 2020.

1. hans

hans Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +745
    Wed 2pm ish. Helping neighbour with crackly radio after plugging in sat nav both garden gates open his dog lying on my patio. Turned out, after removing the radio and a bit of fiddling to be the plug in usb adaptor faulty. I have one in our very old Fiesta could have saved a hour or so.
    When around the corner across the patio and into the greenhouse came this small long black creature, moving well and not seemingly over wild. I closed the greenhouse door. It was now a prisoner. After discussing what it could be I asked some builders working nearby and they identified it as a black Ferret. I have had nothing to do with these creatures . If it had been a Mink I would have disposed of it. We were all afraid, builders are wimps hoho, to pick it up in case it bit. So the decision was made to open the green house door and let it go back home. It was boiling in there. It found its way out and disappeared into one of our semi open sheds. I have not seen it this morning but if it turns up I will give it some food.
    Not sure what they eat but I believe some are friendly and are more pet like than Rabbit catchers.
    This is really a bed time story and should be read after 8pm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,311
      Ferrets are usually kept as pets so perhaps it's escaped from somebody living locally.

• strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
      Ratings:
      +28,243
      Black is one of many Ferret colours, It is probably an escapee.:smile:

• hans

hans Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +745
      Yes, someone may be missing it and it may have found its way home.

• Agree Agree x 1