1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Longleat...

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by spotofbother, Sep 14, 2009.

1. spotofbother

spotofbother Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody here visited Longleat and recall the four trees that grow in the main house courtyard? I'd really love to know what they are! I have emailed Longleat but haven't had a reply and thought that one of you knowledgable peeps might do, google doesnt seem to find me any exact images and I just can not identify it alone. Before you ask, sorry, I have no decent picture, my phone is pants! The leaf is a large heart shaped, large, limey green (sort of like a gigantic philadelphus leaf) and I think it bears brown nuts or late fruits in the autumn.

Any ideas?

2. Harmony Arb

Harmony Arb Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
  3. spotofbother

spotofbother Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh thanks TS...

Absolutley right - 3 stars ***

The trees in question are indeed, Catalpa bignonioides (Indian bean tree).

I finally had a reply to my mail from the House.

Thanks for your response!