1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

lupin seeds

Discussion in 'Propagation This Month' started by noksucow, Aug 13, 2013.

1. noksucow

noksucow Gardener

wood machinest
    Ratings:
    +14
    all my lupins have finsihed flowering and are looking a bit ugly, i was wondering do i have to cut them back or what way is best to neaten them up , or is it just a case of leaving them to let nature take its cause

2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    I've cut the stems and split the pods to harvest the seeds. Those are now in a paper envelope ready for sowing.:biggrin:

3. noksucow

noksucow Gardener

wood machinest
    Ratings:
    +14
    did you cut it right down to the floor of just cut the dead flowers off which are now producing seeds?

4. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    Just the stems below the seeds. If all your Lupins are finished you can cut them down to the ground and then let them sprout back up next year bigger and better.:snork: