MEMBERS ROSES - 2020

Discussion in 'Roses' started by ARMANDII, Jan 18, 2020.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +89,664
  2. ARMANDII

Ratings:
    +89,664
    I've got around 21/22 climbing and shrub roses scattered around the garden, but now I'm contemplating planting the climbing rose "Bathsheba" under my Lilac, "Madame Lemoine"' which I love but it only has a brief flowering time.

upload_2020-1-19_17-12-37.jpeg

upload_2020-1-19_17-13-5.jpeg

If I do decide to buy it, I'll buy it in a pot as while it's not too late to plant bare rooted rose I feel a rose grown in the pot will give it an advantage by already being established in soil/compost that will increase the chances of a first year of planting flowering............any opinions?? I'll @wiseowl, but all opinions are would be gratefully accepted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • wiseowl

wiseowl Friendly Owl ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
      Ratings:
      +64,875
      Good evening @ARMANDII its a perfect choice I have one at the surgery where I look after their Roses ,it is a very healthy rose and repeats a lot for a 2nd year bare root grated on Dr Huey. I love this rose with its apricot color, strong, honey, myrrh fragrance and has very double bloom form ( 170 petals). I consider this is one of the perfect roses because it has everything one can wish for in a rose: look, health, fragrance, it will look stunning under your Lilac:smile::blue thumb:

Bathsheba (AUSchimbley), a David Austin climber rose. Bred in UK before 2016 and released in UK 2016.

• Like Like x 3
      • ARMANDII

Ratings:
        +89,664
        Well, that's that done and dusted as I have just placed an order for "Basheba" which should arrive in a couple of days time:hapfeet::hapydancsmil: I'll have to wait until the weather turns a bit milder and we've lost the really cold weather this present High Pressure is giving us before planting it in front of the Lilac so that "Basheba" can climb up into it. Hopefully, being planted from a pot it might flower this year with a bit of feeding.

• Like Like x 2