1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

mixed up tomatoes.

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by elainefiz, May 27, 2007.

1. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I think i`ve gotten mixed up with the cordons and bush.I put 4 or 5 bush in a long basket thinking they were all tumblers.The end plant seems to be much thicker stemmed and i`ve had to tie it to the fence cos i think it`s gonna snap.
    Has anyone else made this mistake? I havn`t removed any suckers from these plants at all so can`t tell the difference.I suppose i`ll just have to wait and see?

2. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi elainefiz. I suppose you could keep the tall one trained up the fence and remove the side shoots like a cordon.
    It's a very easy mistake to make. I once got my cucumbers mixed up and put an outdoor one in beside my all female indoor one which then got fertilised and ruined the cucumbers, made them very bitter.

3. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I think i may have to reconsider the position of the basket.The fence i mentioned is actally a kennel and if it is a cordon it will be... blowing in the wind.
    [​IMG]