1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

mobile pictures

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by nathan7, Oct 10, 2011.

1. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    How do I download my pic from my camera I have changed my mobile phone and taken some pics on it, I have put cable from mobile into pc, but nothing is happening, Do I need something else belonging to the mobile, I just thought by connecting it would have shown on the screen what I wanted to do Many Thanks

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    You usually get a set up CD with the book, phone & cables etc as well Nathan, if it is going to download it will probably need it's own software loaded onto the computer 1st.. :sunny:

3. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,730
    Hi Nathan what mobile is it?:)
    On my HTC phone,I had to use the disk that came with it and Sync the phone with the PC, I then use the USB cable and then download in the Hard Disk Mode:)

4. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
  5. CosmosGuy

CosmosGuy Gardener

NHS
    Ratings:
    +306
    Hi Nathan. Normally when you connect your USB to your mobile through the computer you will get an information box appear in the bottom right hand corner near your clock (if on windows). It would say something like 'new hardware found' when you plug it in, and then 'new hardware installed successfully.' If you haven't noticed that, then this could be your problem as the computer won't actually know that your phone is connected to it unless it's gone through this process. Normally your computer will automatically connect to the internet to locate the drivers needed to read your phone. If not, you may need to refer to any disc that came with the phone as that should contain the relevant software/drivers. Best way to check is leave it plugged in for a few mins, then go to My computer, and you should see your phone listed under something like a removable disc. It might be called something weird, so check everything. My iphone appears there as a seperately accessable disc drive, and I double click and proceed to the photograph folder which is called something like 'DCIM FILE.' Then I just drag and drop.

What phone is this out of interest?

Thanks.