1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

monstera deliciosa swiss cheese leaf problems

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by lowrider69, Jul 30, 2019.

1. lowrider69

lowrider69 Gardener

Disabled
    Ratings:
    +174
    can someone help with my monstera deliciosa swizz cheese leaf problems please?

I,m thinking it may be the soil? I used general purpose soil with a bit of perlite for drainage its getting plenty of light though its 2-3m away from the large window,they been feed with plant food and it is fairly new soil so dont think its that, i,m finding a lot of my plants are not looking to well to be honest, is there maybe a general mix that drains better that might help them all, please dont get to tecky on me as I wont know what your talking about lol..thanks in advance. Al

there's a few leafs like this now and the soil says its still wet has been for ages

67983657_10212363544158261_8907867875344121856_n.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,004
    Well you could try not watering it;)
    For a while at least, mine dries out pretty much between waterings.

If its recently been repotted dont feed it either, feeding is for well established plants that are growing strongly, or starved plants :smile:

Not sure what the leaf spots are though, or the cause I'm afraid unless they are where water has dripped onto the leaves, or feed.
    Just stick with it and see how it goes, it might just sort itself out.

3. KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,890
    Is it in soil. I would have thought MPC. All my indoor plants are in it. I would never use soil indoors.