1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Moon Tonight 13.11.16

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Kandy, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    P1060161.JPG P1060162.JPG P1060182.JPG P1060175.JPG P1060170.JPG P1060168.JPG P1060166.JPG Tonight they reckon was going to be one of the best nights for seeing the moon in my part of the country as tomorrow night is forecast to be cloudy so managed to get these photos before the clouds got in the way....:smile:

• Like Like x 12
    • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
      Ratings:
      +30,604
      @Kandy I was shocked by how much the moon lit up my house last night. It was bright white. Is that just how the (my) human eyes see it and the camera picks up the warmer hues in addition?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,836
        Most modern cameras sensors are much more sensitive than the human eye, Lori, and will record things we cannot, they're also able to see more colour than we can:dunno::gaah:. If I was to look at a Star with the naked eye I would see a white, blue, or red and probably only that Star, while a camera sensor would see far more colours and stars because of it being more sensitive.:love30::snorky:

• Informative Informative x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
          Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
        • Kandy

Head gardener
          Ratings:
          +6,543
          @CanadianLori the moon is full at the moment and can get very bright at times.We were on our way home after a woodland walk where we went to get some leaf colour photos before they all fall which normally happens in our Autumn,your fall.:smile:

The sun hadn't been long setting sometime after 4pm and Mr Kandy spotted it as we got nearer to our village so we quickly parked up and hurried to get the photos.I had to rest my elbows on the fence that surrounds the fields to keep my camera steady.I took lots of them:snorky:

The Daily Mail has got loads of photos of this Supermoon from people all over the UK:smile:

I have just looked at the moon from my lounge window and it is very high in the sky at the moment and is very misty looking:smile:

• Like Like x 2
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Kandy

Head gardener
            Ratings:
            +6,543
            P1060243.JPG P1060233.JPG P1060235.JPG P1060233.JPG P1060231.JPG P1060216.JPG P1060213.JPG P1060206.JPG 14.11.16...Tonight's Supermoon but colours not quiet as good as last evenings...:smile:

• Like Like x 5
            • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
              +100,836
              [​IMG]
              [​IMG]
              "On average, the moon's distance is 385,000 kilometers (240,000 miles) from the Earth. At perigee, that distance is about 350,000 km (220,000 miles), whereas at apogee it is about 406,000 km (250,000 miles). These pictures of the moon were taken with the same equipment: When the moon is close, it appears larger than when it is farther away. A full moon at perigee is called a supermoon (right, taken on Aug. 9, 2014), at apogee, a minimoon (left, taken on Feb. 3, 2015)."

• Like Like x 4
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • stumorphmac

stumorphmac cymbidist

RETIRED GARDENER
                Ratings:
                +212
                Lucky people couldnt see it at all we had cloud and fog

• Friendly Friendly x 1