Moss Rocks

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Mossy Rocks, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Mossy Rocks

Mossy Rocks Apprentice Gardener

gardener
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hello; I'm Jack, a persistent gardener despite the aches and pains that come from too much digging. Currently i'm into Japanese gardens and learning about the ways of using moss around a garden. I've dug (almost) all the grass out of my garden, a large patch that consisted of field grass that hadn't been dug since the house was built before WWII. Never mind Florida sand, this damn stuff really does get everywhere if you don't get every last root out!
    I've a large area to work in; about 100m by 25m, so have decided to quarter the ground in different ways: fruit and flowers; moss and stones; herbs and trees, in order to have a variety of colours, flavours and textures throughout the year.
    I'll have a ramble around the forums and join in where and when i can.

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,317
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Jack. :) I've got plenty of moss here growing on the remains of a stone wall. If I could transplant it I'd send it your way. Good luck with the garden.

3. Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +9,232
    Hello @Mossy Rocks and welcome! I’m looking forward to seeing your garden, and getting to know you, in the various forums :).

I love moss too! When I put a pond in the garden last year, I kept all the moss “turf” from the area I dug up (grass struggles to grow on that part of the garden) and used it to edge the pond. It looks so lush and verdant!!

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    [​IMG] @Mossy Rocks Look forward to seeing you around the forums :SUNsmile:

5. Mossy Rocks

Mossy Rocks Apprentice Gardener

gardener
    Ratings:
    +18
    That's a great idea: i just moved a small pond from a patch that had too much sunlight, allowing way too much algae to grow...the frogs loved it but i wanted better access to a rambling rose so they had to be evicted: i stopped counting after i caught two dozen!
    The pond is not that large either, one of those preformed ones that are easy to fit in a small space and i've planted mossy rocks :love30: around the edge. The frogs have so far ignored their new home but give it time and they'll be back,

• Like Like x 1