1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

mountfield mower

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by happymundays, Feb 10, 2010.

1. happymundays

happymundays Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello any thoughts, I just impulsively bought a second hand Mountfield with honda gcv135 4.5 engine from a furniture shop there is no petrol in it and the man could not confirm if it's sound.
    It looks in good condition and £ 75.00 he has given me a week to test it and will give full refund if I'm not happy.

Should I get it serviced to be on safe side or just refuel and try my luck.

There was no instructions cannot see a primer so guess just pull the rope?

Thanks

2. has bean counter

has bean counter Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    before you pay out for a service (£75) check for oil and then make sure the spark plug is ok.
    Check the blade is secure and looks straight with no large dents from hitting a big object (have spark plug unconnected when doing this)

Fill with petrol and turn on the tap. This version has no primer. Push the trottle forward and pull.

Thats my advice but its up to you if you follow it.

Good luck

3. happymundays

happymundays Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The service is £50 and extra for parts I paid £75 for the mower.

I will have a go.
    Thanks