1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Musicians?

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by Rustler, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    Good evening, people.

Are there any musicians on here? Apart from the garden, I also enjoy writing and playing music (mostly Rock music but also diversify to other genres). I know there are some very talented people on here in all hobbies and interests. I get a lot of inspiration from my garden and on a nice day will take a guitar outside and play for hours (until watering time). Ha ha.

Sitting in my studio, recording at the moment whilst browsing the forums and downloading photos. Would love to hear about your music experiences and preferences.

Have a good one, you lovely lot. Cheers.

2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    Can't sing, can't dance, can't whistle, can't play an instrument, no sense of rhythm:dunno::wallbanging:..........so jealous of those who can:gaah:........but I love music:wub2:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
      Ratings:
      +1,217
      Without wanting to sound big headed, I can play most instruments but for the life of me, I wish I could sing. I've tried so hard but it's never going to happen! It's so limiting to what I can do. Come on people, any vocalists on here? Ha ha!

• Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
      Ratings:
      +12,508
      I used to mess around with a guitar (accoustic) but got to the point that I wasn't prepared to practice hard enough, so I just know a few chords. My son and grandson both play electric guitar (lead and rhythm) in a rock band, and though I do say so myself, they are rather good! They play rock covers, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, that kinda thing, which is great for me, as I grew up (musically) in the 60's and 70's.

• Like Like x 1
      • Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
        Ratings:
        +1,217
        Good one Freddy. I'm a bit later than that but trying to record 'Van Halen's Panama at the moment. A few beers involved and lots of retakes. Good one mate!

• trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
        +280
        I am like a lot of people who want to play guitar like all the greats,end up strumming a few cords.
        Mind you I got to know a lot of chords and starting to learn Blues rifts but could not put them together to sound good.
        My nephew wanted to learn guitar so I taught him the few chords I knew but he was dedicated unlike me and practiced hours every day ,blues then later on jazz chords!! He became very good and was in demand locally by bands. He went on to write those little music dittos your hear in adverts.He is know the main music teacher in our college.
        He gave me free lessons in blues but I never practiced enough so a waste of his time.He had a Gibson Les Paul he purchased off an old guy and was in immaculate condition ,I only got the les paul copy from the late 80`s early 90`s. I purchased a pristene condition Musicman RD 112 amp that was from the 70`s. In the 20 odd years that I had it it has seen 3 gigs (not mine) and been out of wardrobe about 10 times. Funny but only a few days ago sold it for £500.
        The only guitar I have left is a handmade Kinkade Accousic. It was £1000 new about 25 years ago but again I purchased for local guitar shop for around £400,these days they are over £2000.
        Again did not do it any justice and I expect I will move it on later. The only musical thing I do these days is drum my fingers on desk to the beat!!!!:)
        Now that is a thought as I want to purchase a telescope so money from amp + guitar and I will almost have enough money:):yes::yes:

• Like Like x 4
        • Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +9,233
          I play the flute (should play more often, but dont get much free time to practice), and sing.

Over the last few years most of my singing as been with church, either in the worshp band, small group (for carolling, etc) or choir. I love it - I think my heart would break if I couldn't sing!

• Like Like x 3
          • Sandy Ground

Sandy Ground Total Gardener

Making things of note.
            Ratings:
            +5,368
            Hmmmm...does the fact that I have played (or attempted to) the guitar for just over 50 years both on and off stage qualify me as a musician? :)

Currently messing about doing a few arrangements, as well as writing the odd number. One of which must be good, the lyrics got me banned from a forum...:yahoo:

• Like Like x 4
            • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +3,631
              I can play the piano and use to play flute and recorder and can play one song in the guitar

I wouldnt say i was a musician tho

When i first got sick i couldnt play the piano at all so i had to re learn slowly its come back to me but some days i still cant play because my brain wont communicate with my fingers properly

I mainly play on the piano the sound of silence, dont cry for me argentina, fur elise, my way, and this other grade peice that i can play with my eyes closed. I know all of those off by heart but trying to slowly teach myself fleetwood macs dont stop.

• Like Like x 4
              • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                +100,836
                I only play one tune on the piano.............badly
                [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
                  Ratings:
                  +1,217
                  I have my tracks on sound cloud under ' Advantura music' if anybody wants to have a listen. Hope you do but it's all rock based. Cheers, Russ.

• Like Like x 1
                  • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                    Ratings:
                    +30,616
                  • whis4ey

whis4ey Head Gardener

Retired
                    Ratings:
                    +803
                  • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                    +100,836
                    I can't think of one Beatles song that I disliked.........to me the music is timeless.:love30:

• CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                    Ratings:
                    +30,616
                    I visited a music store today. Thought I might as well peep into local shops while getting my tyres balanced. Saw sheet music that I liked but all of the piano levels were either too simple or too complicated, I think. :scratch:

I have an electric piano. It's a good model with weighted keys so that it has the same feel as the real deal. But has the added bonus of being able to plug in headphones and not torture the rest of the world with my music mangling....:heehee: