1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

My Amazon Prime renewal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by pete, Sep 24, 2019.

1. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,643
    I,ve had two phone calls in two days telling me my Amazon prime account will be taking £70 from my bank account for renewal.
    All I need to do is press 1 to talk to an arse hole.

I dont have an Amazon prime account.:biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      It sounds like a scam to me, @:pete!!

I would go into the local branch of your Bank asap and inform them of what is happening.
      So long as the scammers don't have your account number then they can't take money out of your account. However, I would alert your Bank by visiting them.
      I also don't think that Amazon is in the practice of ringing people to tell them they are removing money......which is the same as Banks do not ring you to ask you for your Bank account number or advice you to switch accounts etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +85,643
        I'm assuming when you press 1 you get put on to a premium rate line that rips the do dars out of your phone bill.

• Agree Agree x 2
        • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
          +100,836
          And goes straight into my Bank Account, so you can press one and I'll send you a thank you note.:whistle::loll:

• Funny Funny x 1
          • Creative Creative x 1
          • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
            Ratings:
            +31,177
            I'm with First Direct - I cannot visit my local branch as it's all on line. But I can talk to charming FD staff any time of the day or night.
            I give them :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

• Like Like x 3
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
              +7,635
              Phishing! Kill them all! I'm just now being attacked by calls to my office desk phone from "BT, Hi, how are you..." And when I ask where they got this number and ask them to remove it from their database they hang up.

On another note, Amazon Prime is great for me, as I don't drive I rely on whatever is in stores in Newcastle or Killi when I make a trip there. Amazon supplies me with everything, such as the double sided adhesive tape with next day delivery. Brilliant. £7 a month more than covers any bus trips not to mention the time to browse physical shops to find what I need.

It's also very nice that they repeatedly tell me that I'm not using the full benefit of my Prime account as I don't stream anything. Having no telly might explain that but I still like their caring approach. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
              • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
                Ratings:
                +16,246
                The scam was probably to link you to a premium rate line, but it may be an idea to check with your bank. The calls we keep getting are "your internet account is is debit and we are going to disconnect..." I never let the message run any longer than that.
                A scam running in our area, and likely other areas, is people have mail boxes fitted to a wall instead of letter boxes. The scummer pretends to be delivering flyers for fast food outlets while helping himself to your mail. They glean your details and apply for credit. My step-son has just had a credit card delivered he never ordered, he luckily intercepted it before the scammer.
                So get a secure mail box fitted not one of these stupid shallow ones were you can reach inside.

• Like Like x 2
                • Informative Informative x 2