my blog n freebie site

Discussion in 'Members Blogs/Websites' started by RandyRos, May 7, 2009.

1. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
  2. water-garden

water-garden Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The site you linked to (not the blog) is not a free website host, its a forum that no one is currently using or has any posts. Also you have to be registered, which I presume you are?

Can any one else see it?

3. Clematis

Clematis Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +20
    Likewise Water-garden - nothing there.

4. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Same here. Maybe its a member only forum, with no sections available to the general public?

5. catztail

catztail Crazy Cat Lady

soon to be bus driver
    Ratings:
    +2,250
    yes you have to register and sign in as i found out lol

6. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    sorry about that peeps. we had server trouble and had to change. you probably saw the old board that was offline. its all working now though.

7. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,635
    It still says "This board has no forums" :scratch:

8. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    have you joined? you cant see the forums until you join and its free. the link works for me and i cant think of any other reason why it shouldnt work for you

9. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,635
    So you have to join before you see any content? Sorry RR but thats quite offputting.

10. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    your choice. but we were the target of a malicious person for quite a long time, so it's to keep her out, not to put people off.

11. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,594
    You can usually still view forums without joining first. In fact I suspect that most new members will have lurked about browsing for a short while before deciding to join. I think it is fair to say that many people are reluctant to give out their details without casing the joint first, as there are so many malicious sites out there just to grab your email address (not saying that's the case with yours).

I had a quick look at your blog. Looks ok. I like that you put your religion as Pagan. I used to call myself a pagan until I discovered that its not actually a set of beliefs, the word simply means a religion other than the widely recognised major religions. Out of curiosity, have you ever read up on any of the less well known belief systems? I find many to be quite interesting.

12. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    no, but I have The Witches Craft by Raven Grimassi. my sister in law is a dark Pagan

I have passed everyones comments on to the rest of the staff on TFF, as things change it might be time to review it

13. clueless1

Ratings:
    +19,594
    For as long as I can remember I've recognised that nature is pretty much magic, and the more I learn the more I believe that. I won't go into great detail about what I believe, but a couple of years ago I decided to see what other cultures thought about it all. I joined the library (something that was a bit of a big deal for me, as I usually resort to google or just buy a book from amazon) and started reading idiots guide type books (ie ones that summarise rather than go into every detail) about the world's religions and belief systems. Most had something in there that I could accept, but not a single one seemed quite right to me personally. Then out of the blue, my Taiwanese friend lent me a book on Taoism. I was really impressed. It seemed to be saying, as I've always believed, that nature is divine, and that if you work with it, it will work with you, if you work against it, things will go pear shaped. Sort of like planting your summer annuals outdoors in autumn and expecting them to flower in winter. It won't work, because you kind beat nature:)

14. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    thats what Pagans/wiccans believe

15. clueless1

Ratings:
    +19,594
    Its what wiccans (who are pagans) believe, but the ancient Greeks with their worship of Zeus and his mates were also Pagans, as their religion is not one that is currently recognised as mainstream. A wiccan is a pagan, but a pagan is not necessarily a wiccan. Like a rose is a flower but a flower is not necessarily a rose.