1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

My Hobbies

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by Gardening Jan, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Gardening Jan

Gardening Jan Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +31
    Gardening is my main hobby of course! I also love visting gardens, large and small, taking photos, walking, baking, sewing, knitting and spending time with my 3 year old grandson, who will soon become a big brother!

2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Do you think it's wise to put your grandson into Big Brother at his tender age, Jan? :scratch:

I'm with you on the baking and sewing. Well, when I say "sewing", I mean more quilting and because I've been so time poor for the past 6 years I don't think I've stitched a stitch - and since moving 2 years ago, I've got a loft space with packing cases still in it with half my hobby stuff in it! :heehee:

I have to say I enjoy baking simply because I don't eat sweet things but do enjoy rustling up cakes and bakes for my family. I was on a rural course a couple of weeks ago with one of my son's and chatting to the people about how we use up the eggs from our birds my son admitted it's not unusual to come home and find 5 different cakes on the rack. The host, who knew I didn't eat sweet stuff when I refused cake with my coffee, quipped that he has a wonderful mother who's prepared to make things she doesn't even eat :heehee: Made my son pause for a moment for that to sink in :cool:

3. gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
    +1,663
    Just be careful.
    Those 3 yr olds can be tiring.
    Said by an elderly sufferer - I wasn't always this old, but he's got un-ending amounts of energy. Even my Avatar looks knackered.

4. Gardening Jan

Gardening Jan Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +31
    Having just spent another Monday looking after my grandson I can say I am worn out! He also has un-ending amounts of energy and talks no-stop, at least he still has an hours nap after lunch, gives me a chance to re-charge by batteries!