My Little Plot

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by PEANUTPARADISE, Feb 15, 2019.

1. PEANUTPARADISE

PEANUTPARADISE Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Does anyone on this forum live in or near Sandy in Bedfordshire and are wiling to share their plants, cuttings etc with me to fill up my very sunny south facing little garden?
    I’ve not long moved to Sandy and with the weather being so nice yesterday I managed to clear my one bed outside my veranda. Funds are tight so if anyone lives nearby and has any cuttings or herbaceous perennials that they are splitting up and are willing to share please message me.
    Thank you x

82A65398-15AA-4FE4-87EC-47288FE02104.jpeg

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +117,301
    Sorry I can't help but I wish you luck with it. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,124
      Well it’s a bit early yet as only just started sowing seed but I usually have some excess which you would be more than welcome too later on.. They would have to go in the post though....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Mike77

Mike77 Gardener

Ratings:
        +172
        I' m sure you will get some takers. However if not a good way to fill up an area of ground cheaply is to sow wildflower seeds. There are various mixes available such as scented or pollinator friendly. I did a bunch of big patches last year and they looked great and help the wild life.

• Creative Creative x 1
        • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
          +17,486
          Welcome PEANUTPARADISE :)
          Too far from you alas but osteospermums would grow well there. Just a plant or two would give you lots of cuttings that will root fast and quickly fill that spot to give you flower colour all summer.....Cannington Roy is prob the best hardy variety. Or maybe a local is growing osteospermum and you could ask for a few cuttings??:)

• Creative Creative x 1