1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

My soil needs your help

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by callyomally, Sep 3, 2005.

1. callyomally

callyomally Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a cat for 19 years. Sadly she passed away two weeks ago. She used to do her "business" in the garden and consequently, plants did not do very well. What can I do to improve the soil so that I can start growing.

2. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry to hear you lost your pet - but you really don't need to do anything to improve the soil in respect of your cat - if its poor soil, then apply a mulch of good rotted compost, and let the worms take it down over winter, or fork it in. [​IMG]

3. callyomally

callyomally Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fran. Can I plant something when I have added the compost do you think?